In my blog last week, I showed the statistics that demonstrated the fastest way to grow your business is to upsell to your current customer base. But if your customer is already utilizing all your products and services, then what is there to upsell? The days of yore when a dealer stuck to one niche product or service are quickly fading. Clients want a one-stop-shop! Thankfully the office technologies arena provides many options. Let’s consider a very important one… phone service!
Businesses need centralized communication. While the home phone has died off almost completely, desk phones are still found at most companies. The most productivity-boosting and cost-saving features in modern telephony are Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions. Surprisingly, 69 percent of commerce is still using a PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). Hence, huge opportunities for Business Solutions Providers to help customers adopt the more advanced and economical VoIP system.
- Dell used its mobile workforce to save $39.5 million and cut carbon pollution via telecommuting.
- Businesses see average savings of between 50 and 75 percent after switching to VoIP.
- Small businesses that move to VoIP can lower the cost of their local calls by up to 40 percent.
- Integrated voice and Web conferencing can result in a 30 percent reduction in conferencing expenses.
- Approximately 31 percent of all businesses use VoIP systems due to its productivity-boosting and cost-saving features. The reduced communication expenses and logistical benefits help companies gain a competitive edge over businesses that remain on the PSTN.
- Switching to VoIP can save small businesses as much as 45 percent each month over traditional phone service.
- Softphones resulted in average savings of $1,727 per month in cell phone and long-distance charges.
Cost savings always helps to seal the deal, but don’t overlook VoIP’s enhanced features as selling points, as pointed out by VoIPstudio:
- Conferencing – Create virtual conference rooms with an unlimited number of users.
- ACD queues – Quickly create custom queues to route calls based on predefined rules.
- IVR – Customize interactive voice response prompts for customers to locate the appropriate staff member quickly.
- Voicemail – Assign voicemail boxes for each employee.
- Faxing – Employees can send and receive faxes through their virtual phones.
- Instant messaging – Because VoIP is an internet technology, instant messaging is a standard feature.
- Hosted service!
So, where do you get started? At ITEX 2020!
At ITEX, you’ll learn about VoIP through panel discussions, featuring successful dealers who have transitioned to be full-service Business Solutions Providers. These leaders have already paved the road, and they’re willing to share not only their trials, tribulations, and triumphs, but also HOW you too can become a VoIP VAR. In addition, there will be vendors on the show floor demonstrating quick-setup solutions.
ITEX provides you with all the tools, knowledge, and processes for you to initiate your upselling strategy as soon as you’re back in the office! Nowhere but at ITEX will you be able to find a more abundant array of professional support through vendor-neutral education, an exceptional lineup of some of the most influential brands in the industry, and networking with the movers and shakers of the office technologies world.
ITEX 2020 will take place April 14 – 15 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. With over 1,200 attendees, ITEX is the largest vendor-neutral event connecting vendors, Business Solutions Providers (BSPs), office equipment dealers, and Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
To register for your pass, visit the ITEX registration page.